5 cornerstones for effective Internet Marketing and how to overcome Frustration
Effective Internet Marketing is…
…a skill which can be learned – Full Stop. Being totally honest, Internet Marketing can lead to big frustration when results don’t show up (fast).
I was in the same situation…
…as you might be now. I was watching on the sideline people I met online how they moved on… But what about me? Why was I still stuck at the beginning? What was I doing wrong and especially what was it what the others did, what made them successful and achieving results? Many questions were pilling up and I had to start finding the answers.
When you look out there (on the Internet) then you find so many INTERNET MARKETING STRATEGIES put together (most of them called effective, although they are not) which shall help you to achieve the goals you aim for. But it is the variety on offer which can distract and lead us from one strategy to the next and leave various campaigns uncompleted. What I learned over the years in this profession is that only the ones who are able to master a strategy and put it on autopilot, meaning that it doesn’t stop running when they put the next strategy in place, will harness the great outcome they are planning for.
This now leads us to the planning process.
Starting any Internet Marketing strategy without a plan is like building a house without a foundation. What does it help you building a nice flashy Facebook Fanpage and win lots of fans if you don’t have a blog to lead people to to get signups on your authority location; what does tweeting on a regular basis do to win followers if you don’t target the right audience from which you want to find your future partners and/or buyers? That are just some of the questions which need answers and foremost a BLUEPRINT on paper.
Let us now discuss the 5 cornerstones of effective Internet Marketing I mentioned in the headline.
We will go through a set of must happen decisions which have to be realized (first thing on paper) and then to be implemented into your daily routine. If you skip this process and just blindly putting things in place without a structure then you might end up again in Frustration, not achieving the outcome you desire – that is not effective Internet Marketing.
1. Have a total crisp clear picture what you want to get out of Internet Marketing. Put down a figure per month you want to generate, be it $10, $500 or even $10,000.00… Whatever it is, write it down and keep it your secret. It is your goal and no one else is allowed to talk you down that you won’t make it. Write down as well in which field of Internet Marketing you want to become an expert in. Is it as an Affiliate Marketer, Network Marketer or attracting offline businesses to come online with your assistance. Remember, everything is possible what a mind can conceive (this comes from good old Napoleon Hill).
2. Where are you right now? In which situation are you at the present moment. What skill sets do you have and which ones are missing to become the superstar you want to be? Be very honest and clear with yourself, because the closer you are to the truth the less resistance you will experience along the way when achieving what you want. This will help you as well to identify all available and missing components you need to put in place to become successful. For instance in various Internet Marketing strategies you have to do a lot of things at the same time. Once you identify these actions you put those aside you are good in to do yourself and let the other ones do by others. This is a great start into effective Internet Marketing.
3. A plan for a house is broken down in various detailed plans. A plan for the layout of the walls, a plan for the plumbing, a plan for the electrical installations and even plans for isolation of the house. All those plans lead into the master plan and have to be interactive, work together. The same has to happen as well in your Internet Marketing business. Finding all these shiny new strategies and starting them without putting them all into a master plan doesn’t make sense. Why shall we waste hours on activities when the end results does not correspond with the master plan? So, make it a must to identify where a new found strategy can be fit into your overall master plan, to make you the figure per month you wrote down.
4. Effective Internet Marketing doesn’t allow distraction. Let me refer back to the people I observed in the past, who were able to achieve results. All of them became good in one thing and one thing only at a time. Then it was clear to me, they must have recognized that distraction in building their campaigns and running their business has to be tackled. I even found out that people use an egg-clock to time their activity on Twitter. They give themselves 15min intervals to switch off distractions and work through these 15min in a very highly concentrated state to achieve results and getting things done.
5. Record and focus on your progress. Following your plan and achieving medium set goals in between is everything. Every mile starts with the first step, if you record your progress then you will see that to get to the final destination it’s not a mile anymore. Be happy and thankful for what you have achieved and don’t be saddened by the fact that you are still a while away from your planned monthly income. Now as you are in motion go and find ways to even move faster, but don’t forget to stay on track… LOL. Once you master this step, effective Internet Marketing is what you produce.
Now let us summarize effective Internet Marketing.
You made a decision that you want to be successful online and you chose the profession Internet Marketing. Either you are in the situation that you are already successful and so consciously use these five cornerstones discussed above or you still battle with the fact that your wanted results don’t show up (yet). In case you are in the second situation you have to start figuring out your plan with the knowledge you have at present. Once you are ready to put pen to paper and put strategies in order, you will see what is needed to build your blueprint of success and then make things happen, become effective.
Did it ever happen that you watched ABC’s Extreme Makeover: Home Edition? When you follow that program then you will recognize that everything happens within 7 days and at the end the struggling chosen family moves into a brand new Home with lots of burdens lifted from their shoulders and a bright future ahead. How did the Makeover team make that happen? As you guessed, they always have a plan established and then take MASSIVE action within these seven days with the help of 100’s of helpers.
Let the Extreme Makover Program inspire you too, that the main thing you need to do right, is to have your Plan realized on paper and then figure out the way to let constant ACTIONS show the results. Effective Internet Marketing is a skill which can be learned.
Thank you for following me to this point and hope you got some nuggets out of this article. To show your appreciation feel free to share this 5 cornerstones of effective Internet Marketing with your friends and followers on the various Social Media Platforms and let us know your thoughs by posting your comment below.
But don’t stop here, make now a decision to boost your dream of becoming a successful Online Marketer by getting in touch with me straight away to help you along the way or at least check out below recomended Blueprint… Have fun!
|26-Week Internet Marketing Plan Blueprint
The 26-Week Internet Marketing Plan Blueprint is a comprehensive, step-by-step internet marketing plan for any business. Please note that this isn’t a quick fix. It’s an online marketing blueprint for marketing managers, entrepreneurs and business owners. Grab Your Access Today.